Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Individualism

For the nirvana era of teenage angsty anti conformists:  



Schmuel (the jewish stewie)


Oh vey oh vey, said shmuel, I need to go to school.
I want to read and write and appreciate what’s trite.
I want to learn what everybody already knows.
I want to learn so I can start to step on peoples toes.
I want to learn so I can tell them I know that they are wrong.
With some simple syllogism I know I can sway the throng!
I want to know the basics, the standards, and the bars
From which I can retaliate, be an alternative super star!
Cause everyone believes some plain and simple fate,
But if it’s common knowledge I start to feel the hate,
That it’s just a way to think that’s become far too diverse.
Of course you cannot fight it unless you learn it first!
And thus I shall infiltrate this educational sprawl…
And then I saw a boy when I was walking down the hall.
He was so totally cool with his binder at his side.
He had a red baseball cap and I liked his lofty stride.
I later learned his name was Peter so I sat by him in class
And then all of a sudden I felt something totally crass.
That EVERYONE liked peter, he was the nicest smoothest guy
And if I liked him too than who the hell was I?
Maybe what all these others know is not so bad,
Maybe it’s a lot like I would find if rebels weren’t such a fad.


No comments:

Post a Comment