Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spirituality 2


The agnostic pigeon?

There was this pigeon with no religion
And he didn’t have much to say
And sometimes he envied the pigeons with faith,
Cause they seemed so filled with style and grace.
With strength and security and honest maturity.
With direction and meaning, they didn’t stress about spring cleaning.
But rather they doted on the life here after,
They had peace and no curiosity about that super high rafter.
Still somehow he couldn’t buy into it all
And questioning them was like engaging a wall.
So fed up one day this pigeon flew away. 
He flew so far to a place you couldn’t get to with even a car!
Who knows what he did while he was gone
But when he came back it was like a civilization dawn.
He’d turned white as light.
And had clearly lost his itchy plight.
He was no longer annoyed didn’t feel the need to question
He’d just relaxed under some NEW direction.
Maybe he’d touched the sun?  did what the poor sparrow couldn’t.
Maybe he’d finally found god, found answers to all the shoulds and shouldn’ts.
All were in awe of his new self.
It seemed a vision of spiritual wealth!
An embodiement of good…an embodiment of clean, an embodiment of everything extraordinary and serene.
I still wonder to this day what the pigeon was doing
I wonder how he changed so much to stop all his poo pooing.
And when he was interviewed the day after last
A fear took hold of me inappropriately fast
For he claimed he didn’t now, nor never believed
And I was kind of shocked to see I felt utterly relieved.
See, I never really waxed hard on what it was that I actually thought
And now I’m scared I’ll need to fly away and question what I’ve been taught.

me hugging the agnostic pigeon. clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment