Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dani Rules

She-ra’s dilemma
the woes of being the princess of power…


Oh the strain, the weight the utter annoyance,
Of having such innate, acute and cunning clairvoyance,
I always know when something’s amiss
Cause I hear SOS! like a a serpentile hiss
It comes to me fast and shocks me every time
That something’s awry, there’s been some kind of crime.
And then I’ll have to fly off and deal
Instead of eating my piping hot meal.
I’ll don my new cat suit, my choice hero outfit,
Cause that’s how they dreamt it and that’s how they like it.
And when alls said and done with the stealth of a mime,
I’ll feel pretty good that I came just in time.
…And then I’ll feel guilty, having been so irate.
Intuitions a gift, not a terrible fate.
So maybe I won’t get the last cheesestick at chilis,
But return to my “life” like a mili vanili.*
But still it’s aggravating being ever interrupted.
Maybe that’s why power is so oftly corrupted.
We tend to spite what we’re meant to help out
If we have no us time to idle about.
But how does one change their wacked out routine
When a rescuer’s schedule is perpetually unseen.
It’s not like these victims’ deliberately started this fad
Of being abducted during every first date I ever had!


Danielle.
(cause i'm pretty sure my cousin is a super-hero.)

*milli vanilli were popstars in the 80s who, as it turns out, were lip synching all their awesome music...remember "blame it on the rain...yeah yeah..."

my theoretical picture book will have to be a picture of a hot girl explaining to her hot date that something just came up...maybe the superhero outfit is poking out of her bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment