Friday, October 8, 2010

Self Help?


Why I’m getting the fuck out of bed to go to yoga tomorrow morning:



I need to change my life
I need to change it now
I’m sick of being a sofa sitting lazy little cow
I’m sick of feeling like I suck even though I don’t
I’m sick of wanting to kill myself even though I won’t
And I’m starting to feel that pull of a life in the great beyond
A life that might in fact be safer than one in backyard’s pond.
It’d clearly be more exciting, it’d clearly be more fun
And while there’d be great dangers, there’s no greater than the greatest one.
And that’s the danger that can occur when you stay within your gates.
It’s the danger of the living dead. The decayed. The far too ripened grapes.
It’s a choice we make from day to day and sometimes get caught in the bustle
To remember that life can be good easy and fun even when you have to hustle


i'm pretty sure this poem should be accompanied by a picture of some kind of lazy cow on a couch surrounded by munchies with a sweat band on. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment