Thursday, October 14, 2010

ah me...


la loca perfecta


OH I HATE THAT I’M CRAZY, and love that I’m insane…
It seems to give me satisfaction. It’s my intrinsic ball and chain.

It’s what people love me for and why they think I’m dumb.
It’s why those who get to know me can’t fathom I succomb...

To my feeble insecurities, to my petty neurotic brain,
To the societal banalities, that mediocrity refrain.

But this is who I am, as incongruent as it may seem:
I’m perceptive and brainy or an idiot with a dream.

It’s absurd I suppose that I’ve always been at both extremes.
I’ve never made things simple, I like to play on all the teams.

So take a deep breath. Remind yourself to chuckle.
Take of your shoes. Undo your belt buckle.

Embrace that sorta loco part of you, it’s the tequila to your lime!
Cause all the other stuff we ALL feel all the time.

Hold on to whatever makes you different, whatever make you you.
Cause it’s all about perception folks, that’s my first big poetic clueJ

 me



ps: alternate titles!!!
the peanut butter and cream cheese conundrum?/
Internal dissonance?/
playing kickball in black patent leather mary janes/
bag o nuts with fruit AND chocolate./
please love me even though i'm a self aware wacko...i promise it will be mutually fortuitous.


No comments:

Post a Comment