Monday, October 11, 2010

Reach for the Stars!


The over-ambitious mind of the Entomologist: 


What the heck is wrong with me that I feel the need to write this?
Said the documentarian of bugs as he prepared his thesis.

Is it really going to help if we know every species there is to know?
Is it really gonna do anything but make life go by less slow?

Oh dear, he thought in earnest as he pinned a beetle to his Styrofoam,
I hope life’s got more in store for me than ever was for Rome!



so in my theoretical picture book, this is accompanied by a sketch of a beaming super scientist in front of his award winning bug exhibition.  the pic above is of an amazing beetle we dissected on our last family vacation in Panama.  The birnbaums are awesome. and smart. and not afraid to get a little dirty:) I'm a lucky girl:)


No comments:

Post a Comment