Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alternate Obvious Titles...

And why they didn't make the cut:

1. The Unsanctimonious Unsuspecting Muse: it's clearly too pretentious and clearly someone's been studying for a standardized test

2. Pot Head: I wouldn't want to alienate any of the unenlightened or confuse someone so beautifully naive that they thought it was a blog regarding hats made of pots...like a cute baby picture thing. ewww.

3. A Light In the Basement: Well, frankly, where the f does the sidewalk start is better and also, it sort of sounds like a blog about pedophiles.  again.

4. Holy Toledo He's Wearing A Speedo: I didn't want to alienate any speedo lovers...every now and again, a speedo is, in fact, the appropriate attire

5. Poems by L. B.: Just a little too banal...and also, the compulsives would freak when i publish something that is not meant to be, in fact, a poem.  in other words, this title makes me feel caged. and i'm not dramatic at all, so clearly that won't fly.  You follow?

In Earnest, like in that Wilde play,
I hope you enjoy what I write every day.
I hope you smile and I hope you grin.
I hope you feel like you can and will begin,
To DO something lovely and charming and good,
and naughty and tasty, am i understood?
Take what you can take, give what you can give 
Read with great care, then get the f offline and live.

wow. weird. and that's how it happens. oh SNAP! I've started a blog...


Oscar Wilde (author of The Importance of Being Ernest)
Shel Silverstein (a god of words to me and if you don't know at least one book he authored, I suggest you get yourself to a library yesterday and then watch this sassy gay friend video!)

No comments:

Post a Comment